Optometrists at Florida Eye Doctors care about eye care more than anything else. The eye care professionals specialize in understanding how the human eye really works, as well as diseases and conditions that affect your vision – many of which do not have obvious symptoms. Eye doctors know how age and risk factors affect vision over time for young and old, and they understand the benefits and features of corrective lenses including eyeglasses and contacts.
Dr. Salvatore DeCanio and Dr. Jacqueline Lyons, professional and friendly optometrists, take the time to explain the results of your eye exam, describes your options and listen to your eye care needs. Because maintaining good eye health is an ongoing partnership, we encourage you to ask questions and share your health information, which could be vital to monitoring, diagnosing and treating potential vision problems.
Meet Our Eye Doctors In Boynton Beach & Naples, FL:
FL Board Certified Optometric Physician – Boynton Beach & Naples
Fellow American Academy of Optometry
- A native of South Florida, Dr. DeCanio is proud to bring FLORIDA EYE DOCTORS to both Southeast & Southwest Florida as its Founder & Chief Medical Director specializing in second opinion consultations, vision & medical eye care and specialty contact lens treatments. Highly regarded for his straightforward yet caring manner.
- FLORIDA EYE DOCTORS’ mission is professional attentive eye care excellence in an unhurried setting and atmosphere.
- Over 15 years dedicated experience in Advanced Vision Correction, including cataract, LASIK, intraocular lens replacement, and corneal reshaping without surgery.
- Founder & Chief Medical Director of LASIKforLife Ultra HD, dedicated to vision rejuvenation with locations in Boca Raton/Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, and Naples, FL.
- Clinical and Executive Director of TLC Laser Eye Centers in Boca Raton for four years beginning in August 1997 when he himself underwent successful “blended vision” LASIK laser vision correction for very high nearsightedness (-9.25 OU).
- Solely owned and operated until 2000 a two-office private optometric practice called PALM BEACH EYES in Boynton Beach since 1981 and Boca Raton since 1992.
- Completed elective residency in hospital-based Optometry and Ocular Disease at the Veteran’s Administration Medical Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree with cum laude honors from the University of Houston.
- Cum laude graduate in Biology/Chemistry at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC.
- Co-Founder and Co-Chairman for 18 years of the nationally acclaimed Palm Beach Winter Seminar since its inception in 1983.
- Served as Adjunct Clinical Professor at Nova Southeastern College of Optometry and continues to educate colleagues at local, state, national and international levels.
- Since its inception in 2002 Founding member and serves on the Executive Board of the Optometric Council on Refractive Technology (OCRT), a nationwide group of eye care professionals dedicated to advanced vision correction.
- Dr. DeCanio has over 24,000 eyes experience in the assessment and management of the before, during and after care of the LASIK patient, having worked closely with world-renowned eye surgeons and LASIK pioneers.
FL Board Certified Optometric Physician – Boynton Beach
- A native of Jamaica, West Indies, Dr. Lyons graduated with cum laude honors with a B.S degree in Medical Technology from the University of Florida, Gainesville.
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree with summa cum laude honors from the University of Houston College of Optometry.
- Dr. Lyons specializes in comprehensive vision & eye health care and general contact lens care.
- Her caring, chair side manner and deliberate explanation are appreciated by all her patients.